New Year, New Me 2019

Students Share New Year’s Resolutions For 2019

+6th+grade%2C+Tatianna+Hutchinson%2C+plans+out+her+New+Year%E2%80%99s+resolutions+for+2019.

Gianna Stathakis

6th grade, Tatianna Hutchinson, plans out her New Year’s resolutions for 2019.

Gianna Stathakis, Writer

As 2019 approaches, it is time for some students to make new life choices by creating New Years resolutions. New Year’s resolutions are known for many people not going through with them, but some students are determined to keep them going strong.

Some of the seniors who are graduating this year made sure to set goals that they could carry on even after graduating from high school. Julianna Benz is one of the many seniors who set a goal relating to her college education and life after high school.

“This year I really want to focus on my overall happiness and push myself during my freshman year in college,” senior, Julianna Benz, says.

Having a goal or resolution can be part of the reason why students stay on track in the things they do. With the mindset of not wanting to break a resolution, some students say that it can help them succeed.

“If you have something to keep you in line from the first day of the year, it’s giving yourself set rules to follow.” Benz, says.

New Year’s resolutions are notorious for often not being kept throughout the whole year. Approximately 80% of resolutions fail by the second week of February, however this doesn’t stop eighth grade, Keely Betts, who is determined to keep her resolution. Her goal is to be able to read music fluently this year, since she is in choir.

“It’s important because if you don’t keep the goals, you’re kind of like lying to yourself,” Betts, says. “Then what’s the point of having the goal in the first place? Because you’re not gonna do it, and then there’s no point of having the goal.”