“The Dream Location”

Lora Cholakova

The most popular black sea location in Europe, Sozopol, Bulgaria.

Lora Cholakova, Writer

We’ve all thought about taking that dream luxury vacation. From relaxing on the beaches to cruising the rivers of Europe there is a place where everyone has wanted to go all their life.

#1- England

England, birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles, is a country in the British Isles bordering Scotland and Wales. The capital, London, on the River Thames, is home of Parliament, Big Ben and the 11th-century Tower of London.

“I have always dreamed of going to England ever since I could read and write.” says senior Chloe Grozdanich

For such a small country, England packs a big punch. With a jaw-dropping beautiful countryside, award-winning beaches and a whole lot of character, you will be surprised how much you can learn about England when you visit.

“I wanted to go there because I love learning how people do things differently than we do.” Says Chloe. “I love learning about new cultures”.

Calling England the ‘green and pleasant land’ is an understatement. Boasting idyllic rolling hills as far as the eye can see, you’re guaranteed to fall in love with the lush green landscape. From the north to the south of the country, you’ll find stunning countryside just waiting to be discovered.

#2- Norway

“I dream of visiting Norway, I want to go there because I want to see it snow,” says sophomore Chloe Webber.

The majority of Norway (its northern part) is above the Arctic Circle and every summer the sun literally never sets! This phenomenon is called the midnight sun and during summer months the sun is above the horizon for 24 hours. The midnight sun is characteristic for all Scandinavian countries but it lasts the longest in Norway.

“I have seen pictures and it has been a country that has fascinating beauty and have wanted to visit it ever since I was younger.” Says Chloe.

If you visit the Svalbard Islands north of Norwegian coast, there’s a great chance you might come across real polar bears. Although it takes time to spot them, once you do, it truly become a unique experience. In fact, there are many road signs which indicate the possible presence of polar bears.

“Many people have told me that the snow there looks and feels different. It truly magnificent- I really can’t wait till I visit Norway.”Says Webber

#3- Africa

“The location I dream of visiting is Africa.” says freshman Briana Soto.

Wherever you step on this bright continent you’re met by magnificent landscapes, wilderness, precious wildlife, diverse culture, rich tradition and the history of the nations who play host to visitors wanting to get dust under their feet and be inspired by the unique experiences they offer. You could go to Africa not just to visit and see the beauty, but to go and help out the people who are not as fortunate as you.

“I want to go to Africa because I want to help the hospitals that are less fortunate and try to get them the supplies they are low on.” says Briana.

By doing that, you will also be able to see the different culture. The African culture is so rich and diverse that it not only changes from one country to another, but the individual countries themselves are made up of numerous different tribes and ethnic groups.

“I have always wanted to help people out and I am determined to go to Africa one day”. Says Soto.

#4- Bora Bora

Bora Bora is a small South Pacific island northwest of Tahiti in French Polynesia. Surrounded by sand-fringed motus and a turquoise lagoon protected by a coral reef, it’s known for its scuba diving.

“I have wanted to go there for a long time because they are both beautiful and bright places to be at.” says senior Julianna Benz.

Bora Bora’s lagoon features some of the most amazing colored turquoise water you’ll see anywhere, thanks to being very sheltered from the sea, and very shallow in many places. In fact, you can often see incredible color variations between the turquoise shallow and dark blue deeper water.

“This location is very from home, but I would love to go vacation there” says Benz.

Even though Bora Bora is very far from everyone- 56,100 people visit it every year. It’s one of the most popular tourist destinations.

The more you travel, the more you learn about new places, new cultures and new people. It’s never to early or too late to explore the unknown and see the unseen. Make the best out of every moment available and travel to new destinations.