Alumni Of Four Corners: Karlo Jackson

Former+senior+Karlo+Jackson+with+sophomore+Josanie+Rosado.+

Karlo Jackson

Former senior Karlo Jackson with sophomore Josanie Rosado.

Ty McCurdy, Writer

Q: What are your favorite highlights from senior year any moments that stand out in particular?

A: Grad bash, the senior picnic, and the renaissance fair  at the beginning of the year, because those were fun with friends.

Q: Are there any classes or clubs from last year that you still use skills/ lessons for your everyday life?

A: A little bit of financial algebra and the computer class on PowerPoint/Word.

Q: When did you know you wanted to join the Navy?

A: Freshman year, when I attended Haines City High School I saw that my GPA was so low, I knew I probably couldn’t get into college and I was going into the military.

Former senior Karlo Jackson in boot camp.

Q: How was your transition from graduating high school to go into the Navy?

A: I waited about 4 months after I graduated high school to officially go to boot camp so I had time to prepare. Boot camp isn’t for everyone, most people give up or get setback but I made it through in a breeze. 

Q: What is your role in the Navy and what is your long-term goal?

A: My long term goal is to retire in 20 years and to make rank as fast as possible.  Making rank is time based mostly but you can get promoted early. 

Q: As of right now where do you see yourself in the future?

A: Traveling the world and living my best life. With the navy I will be traveling a lot, so I’m trying to be stationed overseas so I can have fun and enjoy other cultures and traditions. 

Q: What’s something from four corners that you carry with you now that you graduated?

A: My friends, because they were always there, they’re forever in my heart and I’m grateful I ended up there at Four Corners.