Senior Spotlight- Alejandra Wilkinson

Alejandra Wilkinson

Patrick Deliz, A&E Writer

My main goal in life is to be a musician make music for myself and other artists. To accomplish these goals, I’m going to be learn as much about music as possible and I’m going to make connections with other people that are as passionate about music as I am. After high school, I plan on going to Full Sail University to study Music Production. So far, my biggest accomplishment would be joining choir and performing at places like Epcot Center on Thanksgiving. I feel that being in choir and doing these kinds of performances has really grown me as a musician and a person. I feel like my parents have had the biggest influence on me because they have always supported me in what I want to do and have taught me that I can accomplish anything I want in life. In 10 years, I want to be making my own music, performing, and I want to be working with the artists I have looked up to. My main interest is music, but I also enjoy drawing, painting, and doing makeup. Without music I would definitely not be on the path I am on now and I would not be the person I am now. Music is the most important thing in the world to me. Whenever I am feeling stressed out, sad, happy, angry, lonely, or bored I have always had music make me feel better. It makes me feel the most energized, passionate, excited, and it’s my kind of like my safe place. I don’t think my life would have satisfaction or fulfillment without music. I don’t think being a musician will be an easy journey to reach the level I want to be at, but I know I’m not going to stop until I get there. There are many artists like Ariana Grande, Pentatonix, and Billie Eilish that inspire me the most. They have each taught me something different and very important about music and accomplishing my goals.