The color run is now in the works.
The color run is now in the works.
Canva

Run for Color

FCUS is Now Holding the Color Run

FCUS will be hosting its second color run to raise money not only for the students but for children who are in foster care. The event begins on January 23, 2024, and will end on March 4, 2024. 

The main purpose of the color run is to keep students involved with their school and to raise money to improve their school. For example, in the Four Corners Lower School they were able to build handicap accessible ramps for the students as a result of the color run. 

“The color run is an opportunity for students to become more active and also be part of the fundraising at the school the organization and the organization Epic C2Cc puts a fortune of the produce towards children in foster care and the rest of the proceeds goes towards our efforts in PTC which are school improvement and activities for students such as the Last Blast,” said the organizer of event Kristen Fendone.

A speaker informs the students about the color run. (Daniely Gonzalez)

Many of the students who participated the year before enjoyed the event and are planning to raise money for their school this year. The total amount of money that needs to be raised is $40 to participate in this event. 

“I did the color run last year and I like to do a lot of outside activities and physical stuff, so I enjoyed it a lot. There were different stations I know there was an obstacle course, a soccer area, a reflex area, flag football, and there might have been one more I don’t remember. Then, afterwards at the end we ran through powders of color and they through it at us as we ran through the different colors,” said eighth grader Kailey Brown. 

There are also prizes for the students. If a student raises $40 to participate in the color run, they will receive a t-shirt. If you raise $150 you will get the sports prize pack which includes a t-shirt, sunglasses, a Bluetooth speaker, and sport balls of all choices, and the grand prize for the person who raises the most money for their school is a Meta Quest 2. 

“I like the color run because I can help people who are in need and there is a prize if you win. I also plan to raise money by asking around the neighborhood and asking my family. Last year I was able to raise around $500,” eighth grader Brody Conny said.

Students listen to the speaker talk about the Color Run. (Daniely Gonzalez)

The Last Blast, an end-of-the-year student celebration, is funded by the Color Run and by asking four people for just $10 each can benefit your school events and campus. 

“We need money to be able to have these kinds of events and by asking four family members or four friends you can tremendously help the school to increase the number of events and activities that are taken place each year,” stated freshmen Shawn’nira Wilcox.