The Color Run

The Color Run Is a fundraiser that helps raise money for future events the school would like to Host.
Color run participants celebrate and  throw colored powder in the air.
Color run participants celebrate and throw colored powder in the air.
Daniely Gonzalez

The Color Run is an event that is paired up with the organization Epic C2CC. This event raises money for children in foster care and helps pay for the events that take place at Four Corners Upper School and Four Corners Charter School such as The Last Blast.

This year the students have raised an estimate of $26,500 that will go towards funding The Last Blast and other events that happen throughout the school year, this year a student in kindergarten was able to win the grand prize of Meta Quest 2.

“Before we do The Color Run, we did a bunch of sports there is like an obstacle, an agility test, volleyball, flag football, soccer , and tug of war which was probably the big one that everyone enjoyed since it was really funny, they had us going up against the coaches and then it was high school vs. middle school it was pretty fun,” freshman Lily Camacho stated.

Freshman Abraham Ceballos and sophomore Adrian Mendoza participated in one of the activities. (Daniely Gonzalez)

The students who raised a minimum of $40 were able to take part in various activities such as volleyball, tug of war, kickball, soccer, etc. as well as the main event of having colored powdered thrown towards them as they ran in a circle.

“I really liked the volleyball because it was very competitive, and it was fun to see people’s faces when we scored a point on them. The event was really fun. I thought it would be just the color run, but it was nice to find out that there was more activities,” junior Samara Espinosa said.

Students who participate in the event would recommend it to their friends so they can enjoy a fun day out in the sun.

“I had a good time I would definitely participate next year. I found the event entertaining, and I feel that other kids should try it and it’s just a cool event to participate in,” sophomore Adrian Mendoza addressed. Students who participated in the event, such as senior Gabriel DeCastro were pleased with the event since there is no other event like The Color Run.

“This was my first time participating in The Color Run and since I am a senior I am trying to do all the activities this school year and enjoy every moment and for me this was a different experience from all the other activities this year and I enjoyed every minute of it,” DeCastro said.