Soccer Team Reigns Victorious

Daniela Araujo

Posing for a team picture after the game, the Coyotes smiles are big from their huge win against Osceola Christian.

Daniela Araujo, Writer

Working together, the high school boys’ soccer team celebrated their hard work with a big win of 8-0, a mercy rule victory. With a win against Osceola Christian, the Coyotes aimed to end this year’s season on a positive note.

Walking into the game with their backup goal keeper and a tough season of 1-1-3, the Coyotes were just looking to play their game, possibly ending with a defeat.

“I honestly thought we could have done better, the team just didn’t put as much effort into practice, so I feel like we could have done better”, says striker Jermy Diaz.

But with their luck turning around, the team scored 7 goals in the first half and ended the game with a surprising header by number 19 Daniel Colon.

“Daniel Colon was doing good, it was impressive, he was shaking and baking around the field; he scored 4 magnificent goals,” says Jermy.

With the home field advantage, the Coyotes performance in the game was different from their performance in away games. The team’s constant communication helped with their number of completed passes and the goals they made.

“It was a great game, we hustled hard and we played more on our field then them on our field,” says number 31, defensive player, Victor Melendez De Jesus.

With the Coyotes proving to be the better team, their level of communication was much higher than the other teams. The other team’s lack of completed passes and communication lead to fighting and frustration as well as a hard loss.

“They couldn’t complete passes and their team communication was bad, they all just ended up getting mad and fighting with each other,” says Jermy.

Rapping up the season, the Coyotes win their last home game by a land slide. Even though the team had a rough season, they will look for a more successful season next year.

“Playing with the team has been fun, we have had our ups and downs, and next year will come back stronger and better,” says Diaz.