The Eggcellent World Record Breaking Instagram Post

What Is Making Everyone Like This Instagram Post?

Gianna Stathakis, Writer

A photo of an egg has recently blown up on Instagram, breaking the world record, and becoming the most liked post on Instagram.

The photo, which is simply a picture of an egg with a white background, currently has approximately 50 million likes on Instagram. Kylie Jenner held the previous record, which had 18 million likes, meaning that the egg has more than double the amount. There aren’t many students around campus who haven’t seen or liked the post; What is making these students want to help an egg beat the world record?

“A lot of people don’t have anything to do these days, so everything you see, you wanna like it,” 6th grader, Manuela Goncalves, says.

The reason for liking or not liking the photo of the egg varies among students. Some students didn’t like it because they are Kylie Jenner fans, and liking the photo would help the post of the egg break her record. Other students liked the photo only because they don’t like Kylie Jenner, and want to be part of the reason she no longer held the record.

“Kylie Jenner is trash, and the egg is amazing,” 6th grader, Ezekiel Evans, says.

Not everyone wanted to help this egg beat the world record. The majority of students liked the photo, but part of the student body felt that they did not want to be part of the reason that an egg was going to achieve breaking a world record. Others believe that the way the post has gained so much publicity creates a bad representation of the world we live in today.

“Kids just like playing around,” 6th grader Gialanni Galarza says. “They don’t focus on what’s important.”