Let’s Talk Local.

Places and activities teens do to find entrainment.

Kara

A student at Magic Kingdom.

Laura Escovedo, Writer

Since Orlando is such a touristic city, teens deal with the up and downs of having tourists a most attractions.

“One of my favorites things to do is hanging out with my friends and being able to spend quality time with people my age that are going through life the same time as me, and we normally just hang out at each other houses and make some stupid choices but is a time that I value a lot and I’m sure I’m going to cherish when I’m older,” Freshman Chelsea Gawron said

While some students would rather hang out at each other’s houses, others enjoy the tourist spots in Orlando and end up with limited options.

“Me and my friends have a really hard time finding places that everyone likes but as soon we agree they are full or very crowded and that is normal since we live in a very touristic area, but it is also phases. For example, (in) summer the city gets really crowded because it’s vacation time, also the breaks during the year like winter and spring break,” Freshman Kamil Hernandez said.

Since the area is known for its theme parks such as Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, some might assume local teens visit those constantly, and for some these are favorites.

“Living here gave me the huge opportunity of having easy access to the theme parks like Disney and Universal, so when I want to go out, I have some friends that have the annual pass and we can go together which is so much fun and an experience many teens have and because I live so close and have the annual pass is possible for me,” Freshman Laura Dos Santos said.

However, theme parks tickets are sold for higher prices and are full most of the year. Some opportunities are offered to Florida residents such as discounts on Annual Passes and hotels.

“With all the people and popularity (it’s) natural that the prices to enter the parks are very expensive and yes by living in Florida we have some discounts and privileges besides obliviously the fact that we do not need hotels and or longer trips like taking flights, but it’s still very pricey and a lot of people cannot afford it because it’s not only the tickets but the whole experience , the food, the drinks, everything is way more expensive inside the parks,” Hernandez said.

While many attractions are harder to attend students still find a way to enjoy each other’s companies and reunite to do fun activities that are not as limited as the touristic spots.

“’I love to get together with my friends and do things like watch movies or paint, I know painting is very underrated but it’s a fun to do with friends we all get to play around and turn that moment into a material thing that we can keep and remember that moment by and even though we spend an eternity trying to find a movie after we choose it’s a way to get everyone focus on the same thing and connect,” Gawron said.