Alumni Of Four Corners: Juan Viruet

Juan in his senior year, on the back turf of FCUS.

Ty McCurdy, Writer

Q: What’s your most memorable moment/ experience from senior year?

A: I think my most memorable moment/ experience would have to be graduation, just that whole day from start to finish, I think it was very memorable exciting day just because that’s the day you get to finish what you started. Getting the diploma, walking the stage, being with all the people you kinda grew up with through those four years of high school. That’s definitely a huge moment for sure i can’t really think of another thing that was more memorable than that so that would have to be it for sure.

Q: Did you enjoy being in newspaper?

A: I did, I think being in newspaper taught me a lot about myself, what I’m capable of doing and how I can express those things that I know I can do. I really like to review so that was something that I really did enjoy doing and just kind of exposing stories and things that people may not know, that’s something I did enjoy.

Q: What are your favorite reviews you’ve wrote?

A: I think my favorite one would have to be the ‘Drip Harder’ review, That was the first review I did, I’m really proud of that one but I’m really a fan of all of mine. Now that I’ve gone back and read all of them i think they’re all pretty good, some of them could have been a little bit better but I think they’re all pretty good. But yeah, my favorite one would have to be the Drip Harder review.

Q: What are some of your favorite highlights?

A: One of my favorite highlights would have to be making a short film with Javi, Demitri, Jeffery, and Pedro. That helped out a lot as well. I think that was a really good highlight cause that took up a kind of a big chunk in all our lives really trying to make that as best as we could, It wasn’t really the best thing we made but it was something for sure that we made that I’m proud of. Also I think that Gradbash is definitely a highlight for sure that whole day was fun. The senior picnic, the graduation practice was a big highlight. Just going to football games with friends, people that you care about, and people that you cherish. 

Q: Are you going to school? If so where & what for and where?

A: Currently I’m going to Valencia and I’m going to try and pursue a Sports Management degree. I don’t know if that will be my major for sure yet I’m kind of indecisive and I don’t know what I really want at this particular moment. For sure going to school for something and I’ll see where that takes me.

Q: What are you doing now?

A: I’m just working honestly, giving up a lot of free time and down time to go work & make some money once you finish high school and take care of all your responsibilities. So that’s pretty much what I’ve been up to. 

Q: What’s something you carry on with you from Four Corners now that you’ve graduated?

A: Something that I carry with me I’d say pretty much all the memories and memories throughout highs chool.  The people that I’ve met and try to keep connections with, that’s pretty much it.

Q: Future goals?

A: For my future goals I want to be a millionaire by the time I’m dead. So when it’s time to put me in the casket I want a million dollars in my bank account, well before then obviously. Also, just to make an impact whether it’s in somebody’s life, on a large scale or small scale I want to leave an imprint somewhere in this world or on someone’s life to show I did something in my time here, that’s definitely something I want to do.